About the Firm
David Wolgelerenter, B.Sc., F.S.A., F.C.I.A., M.B.A., has primary responsibility for all services provided by the firm. He is a fully qualified actuary with over twenty-five years of actuarial experience.
The following is an outline of his professional qualifications and experience.
- Graduated from the University of Toronto in 1991 with a Bachelor of Science in Actuarial Science with High Distinction.
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Society of Actuaries in 1995.
- Qualified as a Fellow of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries in 1995.
- Graduated from the University of Toronto in 2000 with a Master of Business Administration (part-time evening program) on the Dean's List.
- Worked at William M. Mercer Ltd. from 1991 to 1995 in all areas of pension plan consulting and in actuarial evidence.
- Worked at Manulife Financial in the reinsurance division from 1995 to 1996.
- Worked at KPMG Actuarial, Benefits and Compensation as a senior consultant from 1996 to 2000, consulting on a wide variety of actuarial topics including small to large registered pension plans, supplemental executive plans, and actuarial evidence.
- Taught pension plan design and legislation at Humber College for the Pension Plan Administration Certificate program in 1998, 2002 and 2003.
- Was a member of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries Committee on Economic Statistics from 1997 to 1999.
- Worked at Watson Wyatt Canada from 2000 to 2002 as a pension actuary for medium to large corporate clients. Also worked as Office Quality Leader for the Toronto office, serving to promote quality work and ensure compliance with company and professional standards.
- Established DSW Actuarial Services Inc. in 2002, specializing in actuarial evidence work, and also in pension actuarial services.
- Presented annually at the Canadian Institute of Actuaries Actuarial Evidence Seminar from 2003 through 2008 regarding actuarial evidence practice issues.
- Presented at various Osgoode Hall Law School, Ontario Bar Association and Law Society of Upper Canada programs in 2003, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, and 2014 regarding pension issues in family law practice
- Provided expert witness testimony in court on actuarial evidence matters.
- Member of the Actuarial Evidence Committee of the Canadian Institute of Actuaries from 2004 to 2015.
- Was a member of the designated group appointed by the Actuarial Standards Board to develop the current Standards of Practice for actuarial evidence in Canada.